Becoming authentic to who we are means going within and experiencing peace. Here’s how:
- When you get up in the morning, take a break BEFORE your day beings (when you’re still relaxed).
- Take yourself to a quiet spot.
- Have a seat in a comfortable chair, recliner, or whatever.
- Notice how it feels: Its softness and texture.
- Be still and observe what’s going on around you.
- Hear the breeze, wind chimes, birds (anything and everything).
- See how the light reflects off of things.
- Notice your breathing.
- Become fully present
Allow yourself to get out of your mind and JUST BE for a few moments.
Where does your heart take you? How do you want your day to play out?
Are you content with the way things are, or are you having thoughts or feelings about what you REALLY want in life? Feel free to grab a pen and journal and jot it down.
You can also dive into the vision of what you want to create in your life: How do you want to live? Who do you want to include or NOT include in your life? If you could do ANYTHING what would that be?
This is the beginning of creation. It’s the start of going down a path that’s aligned with who you are.
Taking a few moments of peace can make all the difference to our future.
It allows us to reconnect with our inner self – our TRUE self.
I recall watching a movie called “Peaceful Warrior” with Nick Nolte. It’s about a gymnast who is working hard to get to the Olympics.
But the character is very much in a place of ego; chasing after his goals. And when he learns to find peace, to go within and have awareness, his life changes for the better.
We can apply that same concept to our everyday life, and learn to reconnect with ourselves.
Then we get on track in a natural way, and things no longer feel forced.
It’s who we really are.
So relax, discover peace, and have fun with it. You never know who or what you might find.